- Whip the double cream until stiffly beaten
- Combine the cream wit the icing sugar.
- Fold in the toasted hazelnuts, cherries and chocolate
- Mix the alcohol together.
- Line a 2 pint pudding basin with the chocolate sponge and sprinkle with most of the alcohol mixture.
- Fill the cake with the cream mixture.
- Put a lid on the pudding bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator, if possible overnight.
- Take a knife and loosen the edges of the cake. Place a plate on the basin and invert.
- If you are lucky the cake will turn out onto the plate.
- Take some foil and cover two opposite quarters and sprinkle with icing sugar. Then do the same with the other two quarters and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Serve at once.